Monday 3 November 2014

Film Pitch for my opening two minutes


My narrative will be based on a young girl on the way home from school, with the sense she is being followed. As she goes on, she discovers that she is being followed and gets even more scared, building tension for the scene as it carries on. The scene will end with the girl being kidnapped by the unknown man who has been following her.
I already know and understand a lot of the horror genre's codes and conventions and am planning to include most of them in the my opening scene. A convention I will include is having one of the main characters as a young girl who will play as the victim, the male character will also be the antagonist, as horror genres usually stereotype men as being the scary villain. my scene will be set in a rural area such as the woods to create a ominous and scary atmosphere which most horror films use at some point during the film. I will include the convention of a predictable narrative, which most horror uses, including the victim being either kidnapped and tortured with no one to help her. My opening scene will include the conventions of diegetic sounds such as, screaming and calling for help; as well as diegetic sounds I will  be including non-diegetic sounds such as an eerie, high pitched soundtrack which will get louder as the tension rises.
To make my opening scene most like a horror genre I will use possible settings such as it being in a forest/woods, while the victim is walking home from school, the use of rural settings builds tension for the audience as they know the victim has no way of finding anything or anyone for help. I will film it in the late afternoon to create low key lighting, however not leaving it too late so the film ends up too dark on screen. 
My characters I aim to use in my opening scene are, a victim who will play as a young, innocent girl. Along with an antagonist, who will be a make to match the stereotypical convention of a male villain and hopefully at the start I will include extras, such as the victim friends who leave her when she decided to walk home.
For my opening scene, I don't think many props will be needed but I am planning the antagonist to be wearing dark clothing and will be holding a bag to cover the victims face suddenly at the end of the scene. The victim will be wearing casual clothes and will be holding a bag with school books as she would be coming home from school.
Throughout my opening scene the shot I would like to include are: Long shots to show off the wood setting and show the victim walking through it. Medium shots would be used to allow the audience to recognise the victim. Close ups will allow the audience to notice the victim's facial expressions of terror and anxiousness as well as showing body parts such as low angles of feet walking through the leaves. I will include a two shot including the victim and antagonist when he finally kidnaps her to imply that we have reached the climax of the scene.
When describing my mise-en-scene, I plan to film the scene in the evening while the sun sets to create low key lighting. The setting will be a forest to create a spooky and mysterious mood. the victim will be wearing casual clothing so connote her innocence throughout the scene whereas the antagonist will be wearing dark clothing to connote his power and strength and will present a negative move towards the character, we will possibly put makeup on the antagonist to make him look scary but also insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment